This class has been one of the best things that ever happened in my life. I realized how much I love these subjects and made me think deeper about my believes and the ones of the people that surround me. So many issues that I have not talk to anyone throughout the years, I finally was able to share and have an insight of other people's opinions. Talking about these issues with friends at parties and other occasions are unheard off and almost prohibited. I feel passionate about talking about issues and trying to understand behaviour, gender, communication, etc. There is a lot of work a head but being resilient and not giving up is one of the best qualities a person can have to make a difference in the life of another human being.
Taking the position in my daughters PTA is going to be life changing and almost very tough to break habits and stereotypes created by parents, teachers and students. This is one of the reason I accepted all this work to make a change in about 900 hundred families. One family at a time is the primary goal but eventually I will have reach all of them. A head of me are a million possibilities and communication is the key to success and remove fear.
Thank you to all of you for sharing so detail your thoughts and after thoughts.
I wish you all have the same empowerment that I gain from this class as women, mother and female citizen. If you want to make changes, you can't sit down and wait for them to happen or you can choose to participate actively in your community or at least start with your family.
I really hope you get the power to act in whatever subject you feel strong and make the neccesary changes to act. . Change is here...... get in the wave......
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is awesome that you felt so at home and connected to the issues we discussed in this class. I know what you mean when you say that it is hard to just socially talk about this kind of stuff like at a party or something social. Alot of people don't really realize many issues that we discussed, but atleast those of us that took the class are more informed now. I am glad it was such a good experience for you and its truly amazing that it made you feel more empowered as a woman, in the many aspects of your life. Good luck to you in the future!
p.s. You wil be awesome in the PTA...your daughter is a lucky girl =)
Well said Alex. Change can happen one small step at a time and before you know it there's a whole bunch of people sharing the same views to hopefully break us out of a somewhat unrealistic stereotypical way of facing the world. Socialization doesn't have to mean stereotyped socialization. We want it to mean that we as adults and our children are facing the world starting with our communities, in a more open-minded, accepting and more tolerant way. I think the world would be such a nicer place. Like you said it starts right here, right now with us.
I am so glad. Take your voice and help create awareness and changes for the better. Sounds like your daughters have some great stories to learn by too. There are a lot of other gender studie courses, so check them out...it sounds like you would really enjoy them.
Post a Comment