Sunday, June 8, 2008

Comments to John Wk #4

I love your post…I believe that mistakes and assumptions are made because of categorizing people or perhaps judging to quick.  I also believe that American culture give more importance to youth than to elders.  I come from a place were grandmothers and older people are idolize by being old and accomplishing so much through their lifetime.  I feel people live longer lives in other places but here elder people are neglected. It is sad that getting old becomes such struggle and burden in family members but when it is the opposite is beautiful. It is about emphasizing early values in our children so the respect for elders is not lost.  It is so important to get the wisdom and knowledge that older people carry.  Is like a box of chocolates to me!!!  

My eighty-year-old grandfather recently went to Six Flags and did one of the craziest riders and he loved it.  I was proud of him for doing that but after three heart attacks you will think he would be cautious….

 

Forever Young in spirit!!!!

No comments: