Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Comment to Linda WK #5

I disagreed. I started watching this show from the first season before people got excited about watching four females discussing their sexual activities. There was no other show on TV at the time that could give women this view. After the first season, everyone was hooked, just like the men were hooked to The Sopranos. I believe this show revolutionized the perception that women also think like men when it comes to relations and sex (Our inner masculine side). How independent women can play and treat men the same way they do. Having to watch up to the third season, I realized - it had become a little to commercialize for my taste. Seeing develop the four characters from the beginning of the season to the movie, makes me happy that it took a TV show to give women an outlet to show what really happens in our brains when it comes to interaction, relationships and social behavior. They have all the stereotypes: The Career driven, the fairy tale believer, the go getter and the realistic. Most of the women could at least sympathize with one of these characters or perhaps all of them this is why this show was so successful with women and men.

No comments: