Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Comments from Glenn's blog
Coming from South America were women are more repress by machismo, I experienced a totally different role models and perspectives in how to shape my gender. Children need a model that can supply different perspectives of sex, gender, culture through communication, which is key to shape and help them understand questions that they are not capable to understand at early age. I treat my children like equal human beings giving them freedom to make their own decisions and statements to help shape their own concepts. We all have different DNA and for us to expect that children have to think or behave exactly like the parents is an illusion that shatters once they have develop an adult brain. When it comes to discipline and spirituality, I try always to remind my children that they are growing in a Catholic household but if they disagree with ideas or doctrines when they become adults. They have the freedom to choose what they want to become.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment